If you've been charged with a crime, traffic ticket, or DUI, you need a strong advocate. As a criminal defense attorney and Army veteran, I have personally defended hundreds of cases for clients just like you, and no case is too big or small. Se habla español.
Facing the criminal justice system can be scary and overwhelming. You might feel like you don’t have a chance and that things are hopeless. Fortunately, there is hope for you by enlisting the services of Attorney Peter O’Connor. As a top local advocate for the criminally accused, you can be confident in the ability of the legal team at the PGO Law Firm to protect your rights and give you your best shot at securing a favorable result.
From drug crimes and DUI to assault and battery, it is crucial to have a seasoned Will County criminal defense attorney in your corner who can handle such high-stakes cases and ensure that you are treated fairly in and out of court. Our deep understanding of the law and familiarity with criminal court procedures puts our clients in an advantageous position.
Our lead attorney Peter O’Connor has years of experience defending the rights of the accused and is ready to defend your rights next. Remember that the law says that you are innocent until proven guilty, and you do have the right to fight back against the charges with legal representation. When you enlist our services, you get to work directly with Attorney O’Connor who will use his knowledge, resources, and connections to defend you with tact and sophistication.
“Exceptional lawyer! He’s the best at what he does!” - Former Client
“Attorney O'Connor made me feel better after speaking with him. I'm going with this man for the big win!” - Former Client
“Peter is a very kind individual who is willing to work with you when it comes to financial payments.” - Esmeralda V.
Following an arrest, it is in your best interest to consult with a qualified attorney with credentials and a track record of success. Attorney Peter O’Connor more than fits the bill. Over the years, he has proven to be an aggressive advocate for his clients and goes above and beyond to build a strategic defense.
Some of his milestones include:
- Service in the United States Army
- Membership in the NACDL (National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers)
- Membership in the NCDD (National College for DUI Defense)
- Years of experience working under a recognized private criminal defense attorney
With this assortment of accomplishments, he has earned a respected reputation among his peers and clients. Along with our entire legal team at PGO Law Firm, Attorney O’Connor is dedicated to putting every bit of this experience to work for you when you choose to work with us.
What Does A Criminal Defense Lawyer Do?
A criminal defense lawyer is a legal professional who specializes in defending individuals or organizations charged with criminal offenses. Their primary role is to provide legal representation and ensure that their clients' rights are protected throughout the legal process. Here are some key responsibilities of a criminal defense lawyer:
- Legal Advice: Criminal defense lawyers advise their clients on the legal aspects of their case, including the charges they face, potential penalties, and legal options available to them. They help clients understand their rights and make informed decisions about their defense strategy.
- Case Evaluation: Defense lawyers evaluate the facts and evidence related to their clients' cases to assess the strength of the prosecution's case. They identify legal issues that may arise and develop a defense strategy to counter the prosecution's arguments.
- Representation in Court: Defense lawyers represent their clients in court proceedings, including arraignments, bail hearings, pretrial motions, trials, and sentencing hearings. They present legal arguments, cross-examine witnesses, and challenge the prosecution's evidence to defend their clients' interests.
- Negotiation with Prosecutors: Defense lawyers negotiate with prosecutors to reach plea agreements or settlements that are favorable to their clients. They may negotiate for reduced charges, lesser penalties, or alternative sentencing options.
- Investigation: Defense lawyers conduct investigations to gather evidence in support of their clients' defense. They interview witnesses, examine physical evidence, and review police reports to build a strong case.
- Post-Conviction Representation: If their client is convicted, defense lawyers may represent them in post-conviction proceedings, such as appeals or motions for a new trial. They continue to advocate for their client's rights and seek to overturn or modify the conviction if possible.
Overall, criminal defense lawyers play a crucial role in the criminal justice system by ensuring that individuals accused of crimes receive fair treatment and representation. They work diligently to protect their clients' rights and achieve the best possible outcome in their cases.
As a criminal defense attorney and Army veteran, I have personally handled nearly every criminal case imaginable. I know the strategies used by prosecutors and, more importantly, I know how to defend against them. When looking for a lawyer, you need aggressive and experienced counsel to successfully defend your rights.
Prior to starting my firm, I worked for a nationally recognized private criminal defense and DUI attorney. During that time, I represented hundreds upon hundreds of individuals facing the criminal justice system, license suspensions, jail, etc. All my courtroom experience comes from private practice – I’ve had to earn my client’s trust and respect. I’ve NEVER worked for the government.Read More
Whether you are facing a simple misdemeanor offense or serious felony charges, you need an attorney you can trust to help you navigate the often-complicated waters of the justice system. As your advocate, we want to ensure that people do not fall victim to wrongful convictions and unreasonable penalties. As a result, we will do everything we can to look into your case and find any flaws and mistakes to ensure you are judged fairly and that justice is served.
Our firm takes a client-focused approach and does our best to provide relatable and personalized legal representation that works toward a favorable result. We speak plainly to our clients, sparing all the confusing legal jargon, so you can clearly understand what is going on and make the best decisions for the good of your case. We want you to trust that we have your case in good hands and are not afraid to go to trial for you if that’s what it takes to clear your name.
Whether you are the target of a criminal investigation, have already been charged, or are concerned that you may be charged and need an attorney, get in touch with our experienced Will County defense attorney today. You can schedule a free consultation online or call (630) 448-8878.
50 South Main Street,
Naperville, IL 60540
New Lenox Location
1333 S. Schoolhouse Rd.,
New Lenox, IL 60451